From our house to yours, may all of the good things of life be yours in abundance not only at Thanksgiving but throughout the coming year. We thank you for your trusted business. May you have a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving! Bath State Bank will be closed on Thurs., Nov. 26th. Our Bank Easy phone teller and online banking are available for your convenience.
Saving for a down payment for a house can be a stressful and challenging process. Don’t let the hurdles of a down payment discourage you from home ownership. The tips below can help with achieving your down payment goals and reducing the stress of an initial down payment for your new home!
- Develop a budget for your down payment – How much do you want to save for a down payment? 5%...10%...20%? Any level is achievable with a budget and savings plan. Remember — the more your down payment is, the less you’ll owe per month on your mortgage and the less you’ll pay in interest over the life of the loan!
- Develop a savings plan and stick to the plan – Develop a monthly budget and determine how much you want to save per day/week/month for your down payment. There is no right or wrong answer here, just remember the more you can save, the quicker you can achieve your down payment goal!
- Separate your down payment from your spending accounts – This can be easily achieved with a separate savings or money market account. This practice can help separate your living expenses from your down payment savings. These types of accounts won’t provide substantial earnings but you will earn interest and the value will not go down, compared to the risk of putting the excess funds in investments.
These basic savings tips can help lead you down the path to home ownership and financial peace of mind during the process!
Do you have a child, grandchild, niece or nephew in your life? Help them get started with a Bath State Bank Kids Club account.
With a mere $5 deposit to open our Kids Club account, your young one will be on a journey to successful lifelong savings plan. Kids Club account holders receive a Kids Club newsletter twice a year, a laminated wallet card and a birthday card complete with a special coin. We also have fun, educational money games on our web site. We strive to make saving money fun! Once the child turns 16, the account rolls over to our Passbook Savings account.
BSB staff hosts various grade-level field trips each spring, and volunteers as Junior Achievement leaders in the classroom to talk about community, the economy, our nation and finance. But, ultimately, children need the help of a family member to truly get started on their way to saving money.
When a child discovers “needs” vs. “wants”, the value of keeping money safe in a bank and the meaning of interest — it’s exciting. If you would like a complimentary Kids Club newsletter and an account brochure with disclosure details to see what our account is all about, just call us for a copy or visit Kids Club.
With day-to-day activities affected by the coronavirus, many people greatly reduced their spending. While saving money is great, a solid financial plan is even better. Here are hints on how:
- Make a budget, but focus on the things that you can control. You can’t change your mortgage or rent payment overnight, but you can eat more meals at home.
- Clear the clutter, but keep the cash. You can use sites such as Declutter, Facebook Marketplace and Offer Up to profit from the things you no longer need.
- Simplify your subscriptions. Today there are subscriptions for everything from entertainment to plants. It’s easy to lose track of how much money you’re really spending. Make a list and do away with subscriptions you don’t fully use.
- Plan major purchases. If you’ll need a new dryer, roof or car — figure out how much it will cost so that you can start saving.
- Buy used or refurbished electronics. You can find great smartphones, laptops and other electronics in good condition perhaps from a friend or colleague.
Bath State Bank unveiled its redesigned web site this morning. The newly reformatted site offers customers and potential consumers easier access to the Bank’s most popular content, including tips and news sections for every day banking. The updated colors and photos create an eye-appealing flare.
Logins and design to Bank by Mouse (online banking and bill pay) will remain unchanged. Please check it out and let us know if you’d like to see anything else added.
Bath State Bank will be closed on Monday, October 12th for Columbus Day. As always, our Bank by Mouse and Bank Easy are available 24/7. We thank you for your business.
Through these trying times, Bath State Bank staff have been dedicated to using all of our resources – from our capital to our elbow grease – to ensure our Bank serves your needs. Make the switch and feel the difference. It’s easy to open an account at Bath State Bank.
Although our lobby is temporarily closed to public traffic (but you can call and make an appointment to enter the building) – our friendly and dedicated staff can quickly and easily open accounts for you via our drive-up window. If you wish, you can apply for a new deposit account in various ways as listed below:
- Simply call ahead (765-732-3022) to begin the process so you know what I.D. forms to bring to open your new account
- Visit the “Switch Your Account” promo at the left of this page for our hard copy forms
- Simply stop by our drive-up in Bath, Liberty or West College Corner
- Email us at email@example.com with your name and telephone number to receive a phone call from one of our CSRs within the next business day to start your new account opening process
- Compare our deposit products and services against your current situation.
Our story is one of community. That’s what you’ll experience as a Bath State Bank customer!
Extended through October 31st: In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus, we are limiting traffic flow throughout the Bank. All loan closings, opening new checking accounts and use of safety deposit boxes will be by appointment only; however, many bank transactions can be completed in our drive-up.
Appointments must be made to enter the lobby. You can simply call us before you leave home to make your appointment inside our office. Due to state law, facemasks are required in the Bank lobby. Prior to entering the building we ask that you show your face at the door so we can easily identify you.
We will continue to provide banking services in a safe and efficient manner as possible. While this may be an inconvenience, we must limit face-to-face exposure as much as possible to continue to provide financial services to the community.
If you have tested positive or have shown symptoms for COVID-19 or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive within the past 14 days — for the safety of our staff and other customers we ask that you please refrain from visiting our lobby until you are healthy.
As always, we can open accounts thru our drive-up locations, and our online and mobile banking are available 24/7. Just give us a call and we can get you started (765-732-3022) and/or schedule an appointment. Thank you.
Need to reorder checks? To place a check reorder, please visit our Bath State Bank check reorder link. If you are unable to complete the online reorder, please call us at 765-732-3022. If you have a new address or you are out of numerical order on your check reorder, you will need to speak to a customer service representative at Bath State Bank. This is a security safety to protect your account from fraud.